Saturday 26 September 2009

Summer Presentation OUGD301

Rationale

Over the next three months I mainly want to focus on developing my skills and knowledge in what I want to do after university which is typographically based advertising and promotional design, as well as creating hand rendered type for my own individual practice, also editorial design creating magazine and brochure layouts, and corporate design as this is something I have been focussing over the summer doing live briefs.

I also want to push myself to go and visit design agencies and studios and also get another work placement in a larger studio compared to the studio that I worked in over the summer so I can get more experience of what is like to work in the industry. I want to be looking in setting up my own website to show an online porfolio of work and experiment with the hand drawn type that I have be drawing over the summer and use it on garments of clothing and other products to put it to good use to see if its something that works.

I would like to get myself more involved in live briefs because I enjoyied doing this over summer because I can work at my own pace and work to a clients requirements I also enjoy sending designs to print as when you see the finished product it feels like you have really achieved something, it is also good practice for when I go into the industry.

I will still be keeping my blog up to date regularly so I can keep myself organised and become more professional in my work by getting inspiration from other designers.

Statement of Intent

For each of the four briefs in the next few months I will be undertaking through research to experiment and expand my ideas and to get inspiration from other designers, the subject on the majority of these briefs are typographic based including some image. All of the products that I will be creating for each brief will all be design for print taking all but one to the printers. The record design brief is to be mass produced so I need to think about this carefully for me as well as the client so I can get the best possible price and quality print.

The processes that I will be including in these briefs are Photography, and hand rendered type.
The products that I will be mostly creating is corporate design looking at business cards, and logos, these will be used on letterheads, menus, booklets, CD labels and cover etc.




















No comments:

Post a Comment