Friday 11 June 2010

Lemonade Illustration

I applied for the intership that was sent around college that was available to us the email that I recieved from Fred was:

I have just spoken to Vicky at Lemonade Illustration Agency. She was unable to make last night’s event because she is so short handed in the agency at the moment.
 
She urgently needs someone who is familiar with Photoshop and with the process of uploading images to the internet.  
 
Vicky recognises that this work is repetitive but the successful applicant would be seen as a potential new member of the team and would get the opportunity to experience the agency environment and get some much needed experience.  She hopes she may be able to link this opportunity to an Internship programme which means it would be quality assured.
 
Could any interested graduates/ imminent graduates, please send  Vicky a link to their website portfolio the email address below. If they can include a CV that would be helpful.
 
They should not attach any big files to their messages because it will clog up her email over the Bank Holiday weekend.
 
It would be great if this offer could be extended to any of your students who came to the EXIT event last night
 
Thank you
 
Bridget
 
Lemonadeillustration agency
 
I responded to the email quite quickly and replied back saying:
 
Hi Vicky,

My name is Lauren O'Neill I'm currently in my third year studying Graphic Design at Leeds College of Art. I went to the EXIT Creative networks meeting last night I have just received your email from Bridget March about the internship opportunity to do with Photo shop etc, and I was interested in helping you and also it would improve my skills and also give me more experience in a working enviroment. Would this internship be at your Yorkshire studio or in London?

I have got a website if you would like to look through my work some of its still ongoing at the moment due to my final major project.

http://www.laurenoneillcreative.com/

I have also attached a current CV.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Regards

Lauren.
 
They got back to me this week saying:
 
Dear Lauren
The Agency is looking to fulfil an intern/apprentice position within our Northern studio, which is the reason we replied to an email from Leeds Univ.


The role would involve:
LIASING WITH ILLUSTRATORS / SUPPLIERS
UPLOADING WORK TO WEB UPDATING BUSINESS NETWORKS / AND MANAGING IMAGE LIBRARIES
MAINTAINING FOLIOS
ASSISTING WITH GENERAL WORK IN THE STUDIO

Expenses will be paid, but not any salary for the 2 x week period.

If this is something of interest? then we would love to hear more and invite you to come for an interview at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your inquiry in the first instance.

Best regards

Gary
//  & all the team

Lemonade
illustration agency
 
I replied back to this:
 
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me very much appreciated.

I am still interested yes, could you tell me the dates for the internship please? I do live in Cambridge but I am willing to commute if that was possible.

Regards

Lauren.
 
The reply to this was:
 
Dear Lauren
We assumed you were in Leeds ( at least in accommodation )

The dates are quite flexible, as we fit internships into our diary, as suitable candidates arise.

But we need to get things underway at least interviewing. Commuting from Cambridge daily would be nearly impossible.


Best regards

Gary
//  & all the team

Lemonade
illustration agency
 
So the overall outcome wasn't as of expected I think if I was staying in Leeds it would have been more convenient.        

No comments:

Post a Comment