Wednesday 11 November 2009

Leeds Shopping Bag - Mary Portas



For one of my briefs I decided to do the Leeds Shopping Bag Competition Brief where I had to create a festive design for the new shopping bag which was to be released at the Leeds Christmas Lights switch on. Not only if you won did you get your design produced onto the bag but you were able to have work experience with Mary Portas who was also one of the judges of the competition.
I unfortunately didn't win but I was put through to one of the finalists as well as two other people on my course Hayley and Scott where we got photo taken for the Yorkshire evening post and for the light website.
Our work was displayed at the Light where the public could view it being one of the finalists meant that I was able to go along to the business forum in the evening where I was able to network with other designers from large companies we were also aloud to sit through the debate about retail design and how they were going to make a difference and make it better. Its something I havent experienced before but it was good to see what other people thought and what they had passion in.

No comments:

Post a Comment