Wednesday 11 November 2009

Elmwood Leeds

Elmwood reply from Adam

Hello Lauren

Hope you are well. Apologies for the late reply. Work has been a nightmare at the minute with workload. Been off for a day or two to try and recover.

So I’ve had a look through your portfolio, it was like going back a few years there after seeing briefs that I worked on such as ‘shelter’. Take me back.

First things I would say would be just watch the descriptions on the pages as I think one of them doesn’t match the work, Kleenex I think...
Quite like the shelter work you did... There is a lot of varied work here which shows your flexibility, I would just make sure now that ideas like this are crafted to their fully potential. Just so they look as good as possible.

The Student time management work... Was that a document of how poorly students manage their time or is it a way of showing them how to manage their time?

Me

Thank you for looking over my portfolio really appreciate it.

The Student management work was to show first year students how to manage their time and also giving them an example of how not to manage their time at university so one side of the diary was to show them the poor time management of a student and then turning over the diary onto the opposite side was their own diary for them to use to encourage good time management.

I agree I am flexible in my work and like a challenge to push my skills and give the best that I can, this year I have become really interested in Advertising and Promotional Design and I am wanting to make this my main focus for my final year working on a selection of briefs.

I see Elmwood has a brief up on the D&AD website that I was thinking of doing another thing is it still possible to come and visit for a day or two?

Thank you again,

Lauren.


No comments:

Post a Comment